Friday, September 12, 2008

Jayo's scheme of involvement. Part I

So I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks it weird that I'm in my sophomore year at PC, live...5 minutes drive from my school and manage to avoid actually knowing anyone there. It's a very long story but just know how harder it is for me to meet people compared to everyone else in the college seeing as I'm one of the only commuters in the school (and therefore I don't sleep and eat with them).

I basically spent the whole of my first year trying to find new ways to get rid of procrastination and pretty much had no time to get a social life. Coupled with the fact that, as a commuter, I miss out on word-of-mouth and other such commodities and I pretty much didn't know (and probably still don't know) the first thing about PC.

Since everything with the procrastination's manageable now, though, I really feel it's time for me to see what real college is like. I often sell myself short but I always feel, by the end of things, that I've missed out.

I've recently begun a new regime...of taking a stab at things. One of them go-getter fellas that always annoyed me in high school. Don't get me wrong, I'll always be socially inept (I don't think I can ever change that). But the way I see it, I'm bound to come in contact with someone while I'm trying new things and at the very least, I won't be the only one in the entire college that knows my name.

I'm bad with other people's names though. We can do that around-the-group names thing and by the end I won't even remember one.

So say goodbye to the old Jayo, I won't miss him and neither should you. Say hello to the slightly upgraded...not exactly a whole upgrade-point addition but still equivalent to upgrading from 1.0 to 1.4ish...Jayo. Wow that was nerdy...I've gotta stop crap like that if I don't want to scare people away.

Fingers crossed.

No comments: